Progressive, Child-centered Swim Lessons
You have discovered The Swim Lessons Company--a nationally acclaimed, award-winning swim school in Columbia, South Carolina. With convenient locations throughout the midlands, there's no reason why your child shouldn't have the opportunity to learn in our child-centered, but progressive system--designed to make children safer in and around the water. We offer five scientifically designed courses that are divided further into 13 different versions to make all classes age appropriate:
- Parent & Tot for 9 to 36 month olds;
(Surface Swim and Safety Skills)
Required Equipment: Students must have a Re-usable Swim Diaper and toddlers ages 24 months and older should have a Power SwimrTM Flotation Device.
- Swim 100 (Surface Swim front and back)
for 3 to 5 year olds
Required Equipment: Students must have a Power SwimrTM Flotation Device.
- Swim 102
for 6 to 9 year olds
Required Equipment: Students must have a Power SwimrTM Flotation
- Swim 103 for 10 to 12 year olds
- Swim 104 for 13 and over (Adult Program)
- Swim 101 for 3 to 5 year olds
Swim Strokes 200:
(Freestyle and Backstroke)
Prerequisite - Swim 15 feet without the aid of a flotation device, face in the water, and breathing as needed.
- Swim Strokes 201 for 3 to 5 year olds
- Swim Strokes 202 for 6 to 9 year olds
- Swim Strokes 203 for 10 to 12 year olds
- Swim Strokes 204 for 13 and over (Adult Program)
Advanced Swim Strokes 300:
(Bresaststroke and Butterfly)
Prerequisite - Swim 25 feet of Freestyle (Front Crawl) with the Side Breathing
- Advanced Swim Strokes 301 for 3 to 5 year olds
- Advanced Swim Strokes 302 for 6 to 9 year olds
- Advanced Swim Strokes 303 for 10 to 12 year olds
- Advanced Swim Strokes 304 for 13 and over (Adult Program)
- Lifesaving Strokes 400:
(Sidestroke and Elementry Backstroke)
Prerequisite - Swim 25 feet of Freestyle (Front Crawl) with the Side Breathing.
- Lifesaving Strokes 401 for 3 to 5 year olds
- Lifesaving Strokes 402 for 6 to 9 year olds
- Lifesaving Strokes 403 for 10 to 12 year olds
- Lifesaving Strokes 404 for 13 and over (Adult Program)
The Swim Lessons Company's world famous courses are available primarily in the form of semi-private lessons (2 children per teacher). Private lessons are also available, and small group classes are available on a limited basis at our home facility in Lexington at Palmetto Athletic Center (P.A.C.). At P.A.C.
To meet Jim Reiser, founder of The Swim Lessons Company, just click here. Jim has been training swim teachers since 1989 and teaching swimming since 1983. A former competitive coach, Jim led Team Carolina to three consecutive state titles and coached numerous nationally ranked swimmers before resigning his full attention to The Swim Lessons Company. Jim's new Swim Lessons University Training System is receiving rave reviews by experts around the world, who have nicknamed Jim as "The Swim Professor!"